Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(sorry title was supposed to say "Radio")
Driven 2 days, less than 100 miles since purchase. Tonight I turned on the hi-beams and the radio cut out, went black. I was listening to satellite so I know that sometimes the signal gets weak.. so i decided to turn hi-beams off. The radio cut out again. Takes about 5 seconds to come back on.. so i did this over and over.. and it cuts out about 25 percent of the time.. And all the while when doing this I got some message on my screen about traction control service. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Nope. I'd take it right back to the dealer and politely ask them to take a look at it. Sounds like a defective chip or a bad ground somewhere.

Reactions: ChevyCruzeLTZ

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Yea I will.. and now the car can start without putting your foot on the brake. It isn't supposed to do that right?
Brake? It should start just fine without feet on the brake. If it starts without feet on the clutch, that's a very big issue!

I start my manual transmission Cruze with one foot on the clutch, and the other on the brake. Only the clutch needs to be depressed to start the car. The brakes are on as insurance in case I forgot to put on the parking brake or my foot slips off the clutch before I'm ready to set off.

If the car can shift from P into R without the brakes depressed, that's a big safety issue.

Either way, it should be the dealer's problem with 100 miles on it.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
i talked to the dealer.. told me to bring it back and they will give me a loaner. But now it's not doing it, so I told him to wait and let's see if it does it again. But other than that.. loving the car!

DaveandKarla,
I am glad that you have been in contact with your dealer regarding this concern. Please keep me posted on the outcome of this issue. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.