Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Radiator change, now coolant bubbles!

1103 7
I just replaced the radiator on my 2015 1.4 Cruze. Operating temperature sits perfect where It always did, so the car is not overheating. I’ve tried bleeding the system by leaving the cap off of the Reservoir and by opening the valve on the lower left-hand side of the radiator. The car drives down the road fine but then after shutting the car off on road test it starts to bubble with the engine off. Anyone have any ideas?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,231 Posts
Either you have a.coolant.leak, or a head gasket going bad.
Take a hard look for a leak. I would start at the coolant outlet, then the water pump.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,161 Posts
I just replaced the radiator on my 2015 1.4 Cruze. Operating temperature sits perfect where It always did, so the car is not overheating. I’ve tried bleeding the system by leaving the cap off of the Reservoir and by opening the valve on the lower left-hand side of the radiator. The car drives down the road fine but then after shutting the car off on road test it starts to bubble with the engine off. Anyone have any ideas?
The air accumulates at the top of the radiator and a few other difficult to bleed places.

better burp the radiator links

· Registered
2,062 Posts
Do a pressure test on the coolant sytem. If it holds pressure there are no leaks just air in system. Local auto stores have free loaner tool to do that

Reactions: Thebigzeus

· Registered
467 Posts
When I replaced the hose that goes from the coolant overflow tank, it did this a few times and then stopped. Guess it 'burped' itself. 🤣🤣🖖

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,231 Posts
it 'burped' itself
Yup, as I have stated a few times here, our cars really don't need the coolant bleed in most cases. This is also true for most vehicles. If you keep the level in the overflow bottle, and give the upper radiator hose a massage the system will usually take care of itself.

· Registered
28 Posts
I had a 2012 Chevy Cruze a 1.4 turbo widget the same thing but never able to replace the radiator. Do we hear bubbling sounds once the entrance cut off? After a couple of days it goes away on its own even if you bring it the correct way. If it goes away within 3 to 4 days then it's fine. If not, try to bleed it again. See what your results are

· Registered
28 Posts
I had a 2012 Chevy Cruze when I had to replace the antifreeze of mine. It made bubbling sounds when the engine was off but it went away within three to four days even though I bled it correctly it. That's just for yours then. It's fine if it keeps making bubbling sounds after a week or two try bleeding it again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts