Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Cruze has been creeping up in temperatures lately when at stops seen as high as 234 Fahrenheit and my fans don’t seem to cut on anymore. Car cools down when driving though and I checked fuses but what else could it be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
If the fan *can't* come on when the computer wants it to, it'll throw a check engine light.
At least my Saturn Ion did before I replaced the fan, I assume any Cruze's diagnostics are no less advanced than Ions and Cobalts.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
As long as the car's temp gauge doesn't move from it's "home" one "tick" colder than half-way, the car doesn't think it's overheating.

The car has a 3-speed fan. It's not uncommon for the resistor pack to die and you're left with only "jet mode". So, the fan may have failed, it just hasn't gotten bad enough to go full-bore. The only supported fix is to replace fan assembly.

A good test is to turn on the A/C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as the car's temp gauge doesn't move from it's "home" one "tick" colder than half-way, the car doesn't think it's overheating.

The car has a 3-speed fan. It's not uncommon for the resistor pack to die and you're left with only "jet mode". So, the fan may have failed, it just hasn't gotten bad enough to go full-bore. The only supported fix is to replace fan assembly.

A good test is to turn on the A/C.
My AC and heat works just fine though, so should I just replace the fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
My AC and heat works just fine though, so should I just replace the fan?
Turn on the A/C and then look under the hood to see if the fan is running normally. If it is, then it's fine. If not, wait. If it jumps to "jet mode" you'll have your answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts