Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

2011 Chevy Cruze LT 28K miles (Yes actual Miles)

New to the forum and looking for some help. Yesterday I got the message AC off due to engine temp. I didn't have the ac on. It was 40F out. After reading several post I ended up changing both temp sensors and the thermostat today. Now the fan is running as soon as you start the car. It seems loud. The coolant temp is cold. It happens with the heat on or off. I was reading about the relays so I decided to swap them and tap on them and not getting any change. The coolant tank is also full to the line. Any thoughts to go to from here? Would it be worth changing both of the large relays? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
The Negative Battery Cable is a known possible culprit and can be replaced for free under special extended 10 year coverage from Chevy

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I ended up changing both temp sensors and the thermostat today. Now the fan is running as soon as you start the car. It seems loud.
If the fan is going into "jet mode" immediately after startup on a cold engine and the A/C isn't running (note that the A/C can be done even if you didn't specifically turn it on), you've got a problem with one of the temperature sensors. Get yourself a scan tool and figure out which one. If the computer doesn't have confidence in the temperature sensors, it will command the fan to come on at full speed.

If it turns out the A/C really is on, then you have a problem in the A/C system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also, check the connections to the two sensors and the connection to the heater element on the thermostat to make sure they are properly connected. I assume you have no check engine light or fault codes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts