Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Radiator leak: Help Identifying

4926 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  StormShepherd
Hello all.

I came up on 81k miles on my 2014 1.4lt auto trans cruze, and noticed a few days ago that my radiator fan was coming on very loud for about 20 seconds or so, in 2 min intervals (only at idle). I went to investigate, and at both cold at hot checks, the coolant reservoir was empty. (Engine never overheated, ever)

I know the dexcool we have is lifetime, so i checked pressure cap (all good) and then assumed a leak. I know this was probably pointless, but i flushed the system and put more dexcool in until the appropriate level. While flushing, i noticed this above the petcock, a leak :(. Can anyone identify or know if im covered under 100k/5yr?

Note: after flushing and refilling, the radiator fan is back to normal! (So thermostat is fine) And nothing is dripping, this is more of a slow seep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
The photos are too close....hard to identify the general location, however, to my eye it appears you are taking a photo of coolant dripping off the intercooler connection. The leak would be above that clamp......look again with strong lighting.

Rob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.