Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry,
but the radio buttons don't work well.
My MP3 usb stick loads fine on the radio, but fast forward or rewinding does not work well.
The FF/REW function for some reason always gets interrupted, no matter how hard I press the button, and if I apply constant (heavy) pressure on the button, or not.

I asked at a dealer for upgrading the radio of my 2011 cruze (DOT MATRIX display), to a touch screen, but they told me the price would be around $4k, for a touchscreen radio!
I mean, grey market units cost me $100-150 (with included GPS, and 7" touchscreen); and seeing that a radio replacement takes a good 4 hours, I was expecting closer to $500, which is still a steep price; not $4k.

·
Registered
148 Posts
lol really? so $4K is not for a replacement, but an upgrade. its not just a plug and play swap. and aftermarket stuff never integrates as well as an OEM unit. 4K is a lot of money, dont get me wrong. aftermarket would be the way for you to go, but for $150 you wont be getting much of a radio / touchscreen.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
you should do one of two options.

1. go aftermarket, do it yourself and get a tom tom gps.
2. for that kind of money you could trade the car in for one with it factory and maybe with a few or equal miles lol.....4k wow

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
692 Posts
get a new dot matrix screen one, get a kit to have it replace your dash cubby, then put a 7" tablet or gps into the hole where the radio display was.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Not surprised. When I was in the market for a 2013 model. The Navi unit for the Cruze was over $3,000 as a replacement part. The one in my '13 Civic listed for $4,500 as a part. The SD card for this unit lists for $900 (no hard drive). Of course it was more expensive as it was also used by Porsche. I spent $1,000 for a full 7 year warranty based on the cost of the electronics in the car. I plan to keep the thing for at least 10 years, so I gave up some of the $2,200 dollars I saved off of MSRP to pay for the insurance.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the prices reflect 2011. Back when an iPhone 1 was the thing to have.
I mean, today, any smartphone outperforms the internal radio, and costs like $150 or up?
AND it has a touch screen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've seen a lot of parts for these on ebay for a very reasonable price. The touch screen on my wife's 2012 Equinox is having intermittent issues and an ebay replacement is a little over 100 bucks. Supposedly it was a dealer takeoff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.