Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
I can't say as I've heard of this happening. Since this is a 2012, I assume this is a base radio with green screen, not the color display like you'd find in the Nav units. For the base radio, the controls go though the display. So, you could try replacing the display.

But before you do that, I'd disconnect the battery for several minutes to do a full power-off reset of the radio. The radio system has power all the time and turns itself on/off according to commands.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
There are a couple guys on YouTube that setup systems to bench test the OEM radios. One guy setup a ECM, BCM and a bunch of other components to simulate the car's actual working environment. The other guy just connected it to a laptop with a serial connection of some sort. He found out that the BCM needs to send a code to the radio every few seconds to let it know that it should keep working.
Link, please.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
Is it possible to have the side detection system with the green screen radio? I thought that required My Link. I think those were both part of the technology package?
I don't know of any technical reasons for a dependency, but there might be a marketing limitation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.