Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Radio dead after kids put coins in CD player

2197 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  sonypickart
Kid put coins in CD player. Radio dead. Removed coins but still dead. Fuses good. Power to radio is ok. Any ideas as to which circuit board might have gone bad? I would like to keep the board with the eprom so I wouldn't have to program a replacement radio but that is the board the main harness plugs into and I'm worried it might be bad. Any ideas?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
824 Posts
Does anything at all happen with the radio? You said the power to it is good ... so does anything light up on the front? I had an '03 Yukon with a a gremlin in the radio. At random times when getting into the vehicle and starting it, everything seemed to be operating just fine yet there was no volume, no matter what I tried (radio lit up and all the buttons would do what they were supposed to do ... EXCEPT for the volume control). turning the radio off/back on didn't correct the anomaly either. Had to park, shut off the ignition, remove the key, open/close the driver door, and start the truck again to get the volume to work. Never did figure out what the problem was because of course, the dealership "couldn't recreate the problem" when they had it, so I just gave up trying. Obviously, sounds like something is definitely shorted out, but you might still want to check the amp even though fuses didn't blow ... never know with extremely touchy electronics these days.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just two coins but completely dead. Nothing lights up. Tested screen in another Cruze and it is fine. Tested controls and they are fine. Today I'm going to try to plug it back into the car minus the CD player.

· Registered
1 Posts
I don't have any idea why the radio isn't working. It would be best if you took it to a mechanic to check it. I remember last year how my brother's kids exploded his car tires while he was gone. He had to ask for the salary in advance just to be able to buy new tires, which were pretty expensive at that time. There are many cases where young kids make this type of problems. Someone even recommended to my brother to check at fosterplus.org in case of need. It's an organization of parents and experts in the child's behavior who can help others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.