My OEM audio system was consists of:
I decided to upgrade this system to another OEM GM system. I get
- 13336630 head unit with RPO code: UYB
- 12844844G information display
- 94563276 radio control face plate.
- 22815634 head unit with RPO code: U2K + UYE
- 12783136 information display
- 95914367 radio control face plate
NOTE: the seller said that the head unit 22815634 is removed from a "Buick Landcrosse 2012", and he said it is compatible with Chevy Cruze.
But unfortunately I get a "LOCKED" message in the display after installing all these new units.
I went to my local dealer for VIN relearn the head unit. But they could not help. I tried myself with a little expert in electronics to inspect the PCB of the 22815634 head unit and search fro the EEPROM which stores the VIN. I removed it, read it, reprogrameed it with my vehicle's VIN
But while I was removing the chip from the PCB, unfortunately a pin is broken
:sad: before I read it.
Anyway, I tried to read and get the dump file. I don't know is it healthy or corrupted.
After reading it and found the original donating car's VIN, I replaced it with my vehicle VIN.
, Lucky am I
It works. The locked message disappeared. and it works fine. All bands, CD are working fine.
The MAIN problem I have now is that all the buttons in the faceplate are mis-calibrated.
I don't know what is the reason for it?
- Is it the different in RPO code
- Is it a corrupted dump file read and written in the EEPROM
- Is it a difference between the pinout connection harness
- Is it the missing cable of the XM-satellite cable which is not connected.
- Or something else
Please HELP :question::question::question::question: