Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw one similar post but without a resolution. It has happened to me twice now. First time, I was heading home in a rain storm and the radio began cutting out. At the time, I did not associate it with any particular activity of the car. I thought maybe water was getting into the fuse box. I was heading home from New England and just concentrated on getting home.

This morning, it is fairly cold (20 F) and soon after l leave the driveway, the radio goes out when I apply the brake, also when I accelerate. The running lights were on, so I turn them off. Then the radio does not go out when braking as frequently, but still happens occasionally. The voltage readout on the battery appears fine, but I still feel like the battery cannot handle the current draw because of the cold. It was fine driving home from work around 5pm when much warmer (50 F). Is a new battery (or worse, a new alternator) in my near future?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rob,
Interesting recommendation about the cable, but seems like a worthwhile effort. I am quickly growing to dislike the electronics on this car. Check engine light has been on twice in less than a year that I've had it. It's a 2012, and I have no idea how old the battery is. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts