Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter drove my car and hooked her phone to the aux and was doing something with the blue tooth. now the radio will do nothing. had to take out the fuse for fear that it would run down the battery. any ideas on what is going on or what i can do??

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
Put the fuse back in and see if the problem is corrected. Sounds to me like the radio got confused and needed a power cycle.

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
At least 10 minutes. My 2012 ECO MT had a radio problem and I had to leave the car off with the driver's door open for about 10 minutes to reset the radio. Also, it's possible the PDIM module has failed. This module handles the AUX input for the radio.

The built in Bluetooth is in the OnStar module and is used only for hands free calling. However, it appears that some iPhones can also play music over it but it's hit an miss on this. If you want full bluetooth stereo follow the link in my sig for more information.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Saying the radio doesn't work is a mind reading project. When you hit the power button, does the screen light up? Can you get into the Config mode and clear all the entries to the bluetooth? What about that steering wheel call switch, is it free or sticking? If in the call mode and sticking, radio will light up, but if sticking in call mode, won't hear anything.

The more detail you can provide, the more helpful we can be.

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
Silly question: what happens when you press the CD/Aux button? (or perhaps it's labeled "SRCE" or "Source")

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Can't even use a PROM in these radios, uses flashram with code stored in erasable memory. Not really a radio, more like a computer, may have to be reflashed by your dealer.

With any other entertainment device can download an update off your computer, but not with our vehicles, and doesn't have a darn thing to do with the EPA. They have us where they want us, have to learn how to smile when we are told to bend over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts