Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have directions for removing the radio? i have to get to the antenna jack so i can tie in my sirius satellite radio. I thought i saw something in the past but cannot find now.....ughhh

· Registered
235 Posts
Wait, are you trying to plug in a sirius radio to the built-in XM antenna? I keep hearing that this won't work, the frequencies and modulation types are both different.

Between that and how tied-in the radio is to the rest of the car, you're probably better off getting a sirius antenna and just hooking your radio into the line input. Or if you're a stickler for looks, just pay a couple bucks extra for Best of Sirius on the XM radio the car already has.

· Registered
8 Posts
Wait, are you trying to plug in a sirius radio to the built-in XM antenna? I keep hearing that this won't work, the frequencies and modulation types are both different.

Between that and how tied-in the radio is to the rest of the car, you're probably better off getting a sirius antenna and just hooking your radio into the line input. Or if you're a stickler for looks, just pay a couple bucks extra for Best of Sirius on the XM radio the car already has.

agree, one thing i have found is ushaly you cant just take it out and put it back somthing ushaly pisses you off lol ushly a wire that needs to sit a certen way behind it you wont get it to stay ending up and a day of saying FUC* off lol been there good luck thow :)

· Registered
27 Posts
They are the same company, but operate as two separate entities. Kind of like how GE owned a company that made appliances and NBC. Separate entities with the same parent company.

· Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, same company, but the sirius and xm billing systems remain separate.

I think I know what the OP is talking about... there's a "sureconnect" (or something like that) system that lets you use an FM modulator, but it has to be connected to the radio's FM antenna wire to work. This was because XM and Sirius got in hot water with the FCC about the strength of their FM transmitters.

OP, you're better off with the AUX input, seriously. It may not look as good, but it'll sound better anyway.

· Registered
58 Posts
Well to answer the OP question you have to get a flat head and get right up under the two vents close to the radio face. Don't be scared taking it off. You will hear a frightening click noise. Work your way around the radio face then you will find 2 screws that come out. The actual radio face with the buttons DETATCHES from the actual unit. When you take the face off you will se the remaining screws. Kinda scary at first but have at her!

· Premium Member
646 Posts
if you have a model that has the aux in you really need to use that, the fm modulator will sound like ass compared to a direct aux in.

I did some googling and while it sounds logical that one could transfer the membership, you cant. :( The only thing you can do is if you can transfer your membership to another portable receiver 3x for 75/ea time.

Lame

as much as i like xm i think i may just use pandora and internet radio once my trial is up with all the crap i hear about these guys

· Registered
207 Posts
u have to have an fm transmitter, the small xm/sirius receiver, a splitter and proper antenna cables so that the receiver and xm antenna, and the regular car antenna can connect to the antenna port on the radio. u also need an xm antenna that u can run along the top of the windshield inside the car.
i have the kit but never installed it in my '08 astra xr. too much of a hassle. instead, i have it installed in my computer room at home. i can listen to xm in my garage and elsewhere in my home where an fm radio exists.
there is a great explanation about installing xm in the
www.saturnfans.com/forums

· Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you need a higher quality cable from the radio to aux input. i bought a cheap one and got crazy noise from it!!!!! to be honest, i dont even like satelite radio anymore. i havent even used my xm trial really, i find myself connecting my phone and letting pandora do its magic!! truly is the best thing ever!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.