Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
While I'm sure some here will say BS and don't bother, I've had success with aftermarket units in my 2009 Jetta TDI and 2012 Cruze. These units are plug and play and maintain all steering wheel controls.

Remember that these are from China so there is a risk with any problems and returning them would be on your dime.

cruze gps 2015 | eBay

·
Registered
689 Posts
Interesting, more than likely the same manufacturers that make the OE radio, GM sure doesn't make them. And less than half the price a dealer would charge. What about your GPS maps? Can you get updates or even different maps?

After 36 short months, that radio is yours to repair. And even an expert can't repair these things, use many specialized components that are not even available.

And these are not radios at all, computers that require firmware, with most of the electronic junk we buy, can download firmware for free, well in my case, not from LG, screw you LG. Can you get firmware for these radios?

Sure getting screwed royally with our vehicles, can only get this from a dealer, and they sure don't do this for free.
The radio/gps system I've had in my cruze has been working 99.8% worry free. For some reason not the GPS, but the radio screen will freeze and the time/radio station won't change on the screen, but the radio will change when I hit the station button. Once I turn the car off and the system reboots all is well again.

The maps I use are IGO8 which has been around for years and you can download them from "certain sites" for free. Plus IGO8 can be customized ie: instead of a pointer, you can use a car or even other special icons :ie USS Enterprise.

The manufacturer of these units usually send you a map of your country, but it's not fully loaded with POI's or other features. You can even set it where the headlights on the car are on...very cool.

Just google/bing IGO8 and be amazed of the quality of the software.

Any questions please ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts