Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Radio, Stability Trac, Power Steering, Theft Deterrent System Issues

39556 27
My 2012 has experienced a variety of weird electrical issues recently. My radio display blinks on & off. Service warnings for the Stability Trac & Theft Deterrent System have displayed. The power steering seemed to go off once. Two nights ago my car completely died. No electrical power whatsoever. I jumped the battery & power was restored. It seemed to be restored too quickly for a bad battery. I took the car to the dealership yesterday & they could not get any of the problems to replicate and could find nothing wrong. They called it a "head scratcher" and I took the car home. Today the radio started going & on off again. When I parked & shut the car off, it completely died again. I tried to jump the battery again & could not get power restored. It has been towed back to the dealership again. I've seen a few other posts with similar problems. Did anyone get a definitive diagnosis on what causes these problems? Is it a battery issue or something worse? Of course I am about 5,000 miles past the warranty so I'm hoping I'm not totally screwed!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi cargirl77

Please feel free to send me a private message if you need any assistance in getting this issue diagnosed and resolved. am available to make a dealership appointment, speak to the Service Adviser on your behalf or anything else that you may need.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hi BoilerRaceCo,

Have you opened a Service Request with customer care? I would be happy to open one and assist you in getting the issue with your Cruze resolved. Please send me a private message if you are interested in opening an SR and working with a customer care agent.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
I should mention that I'm about a month out from the last, 3rd, visit to the dealership where they replaced one of the battery cables (showed higher than normal voltage drops). So far it's been okay but I'm far from ready to call it just yet; 2nd visit I went about 2 months before the problem arose again but then again the dealership didn't replace any parts that 2nd visit. I's been frustrating but I can at least say I'm happy with the dealership through the process. The car was under warranty 1st visit but not on visits 2 and 3, however they have covered visits 2 and 3 as well since it was initially in under warranty for this problem.

The other thing I can say, regarding the problem itself, is that, at least in my case, the problem seems worse in colder weather. I had issues early last year but went through this past summer with almost zero; it became more prevalent again in October.
Hello 06mistreSS,

I understand how an ongoing concern can be frustrating to experience but I am glad you have been satisfied with the service provided from your dealership. If you would like to further discuss anything, please feel free to send us a private message so we can look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hello I Am experiencing the same problems and want to know how much the dealership charged you for fixing this issue.?
Hi pumaog10,

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing these concerns with your Cruze. Dealerships are independently owned and operated, therefore each location may vary in price. If you would like to further discuss your situation and have us look into this for you, please feel free to send us a private message. In the message include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.