Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my Cruze 2013 for exactly one month. I bought it with about 24000 miles on it. Two weeks after I got it I had an issue with the message that the Theft Deterent system needed to be serviced and I couldn't start the car. I went into the dealership and asked them about it. They did the head scratching thing and advised that I bring it in if the problem persists. Then Monday I was in the car for a while with the key turned to Accessory to listen to the radio. This was maybe for 15 minutes at most. When I tried to start it it died completely. I couldn't get the key out either. Then about 10 minutes later everything came back on and I was able to start the car. The clock had reset to 12am. Then yesterday I was on my way to work at 6am and the car started acting like it was possessed. The radio, turn signals, messages, warning lights all started flashing off and on. I watched the battery in between and it was going between 13V and 15.1. It seemed that every time I came to a stop it would do it again. This happened 5 times. I turned off everything I could.

The dealer said that the battery cables were badly corroded. They cleaned them and sent me on my way. This evening on my way home I stopped at the store. When I came out the car wouldn't start. It started the flashing messages and power thing all over again. This time it lost Power steering several times the 2.5 miles I drove home. I would lose it for a few seconds and then it would just come back on. VERY dangerous. It happened when I was making a left turn in front of traffic. Now I am thinking of having the car towed to the dealer tomorrow morning.

I am very frustrated. I put 217,000 miles on my last car and 148,000 on the one before that and 170,000 on the one before that. This one doesn't even have 25,000 yet! I was so happy to get such a lovely car. The car is still under warranty, but when they cleaned the battery cables they acted like I would normally have to pay for it, but since I had just gotten the car they were doing me a favor. Should this be a warranty fix?

I took my Cruze in to the shop this morning. No problems, but the battery kept losing juice. I started with 15.1V and it went down to 12.8V. The shop has contacted Chevrolet and it sounds like they are going to replace some pretty major components. I'll let you all know more when I find out. The parts won't be here until Monday, so I'm going to have a loaner for a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my Cruze back last night. When I took it in the second time they contacted Chevrolet's tec assist and they were advised the check the G102 Ground, G100 for corrosion, checked voltage drop at Neg Battery cable and if they checked out OK to replace under hood Electrical Buss. Still had problems (this time the dealer experienced it). They then found high resistance in the Neg cable and UBEC. They replaced the UBEC and Neg Battery cable. For the moment it appears to be working fine. Hopefully that has fixed the issue. The information above came from my paperwork. The parts they replaced are:
95216200 Block 2.483 Y
95281536 Cable 2.341 Y

I hope this information helps someone else (and that it really has fixed my problems as well).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.