Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I am having this exact same issue with my Cruze. Radio goes out, then the DIC flashes on and off, my blinker sound goes out, and it feels like the power steering then goes out as well. It seems this onset is initially triggered by depressing the brake or doing something electronic (i.e. wipers, blinker, etc.). Once I stop and restart my car, it's like it resets itself, and it will take awhile before this starts happening again.

I took it to the dealer, and they said they couldn't help me because I would have to bring it in when this is actually happening so they can get a code with their diagnostic tool. Now, I've been having issues with the car completely losing power, and it won't start, as if they battery is dead. When this happens, the key will get stuck in the ignition.

I've figured out when I wiggle the battery cables on the terminals, my car will come back to life. It seems that it might be something as simple as a corrosive battery terminal, bad battery cable, etc., but I don't know for sure yet. Anybody have any other ideas? Other forums similar to this seem to point to a bad battery or bad battery cable.
The next time this happens (no power at all) instead of wiggling the cables call the 800 number in your owners manual. There is a 5 year/100,000 mile road side assistance. If GM has to pay for this they will be motivated to fix it.

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I've been dealing with this exact problem on and off for about a year and the car has been into the dealership 3 times in 8 months. Posted about mine here > http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-s...domly-service-stabilitrac-service-tc-etc.html so refer to that thread for my info (pg. 25 post #247).
Have you Private Messaged the Chevy Customer Care staff here on CruzeTalk? They seem to be able to get dealerships to fix cars when the regular GM Customer Care folks can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.