Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my Cruze back last night. When I took it in the second time they contacted Chevrolet's tec assist and they were advised the check the G102 Ground, G100 for corrosion, checked voltage drop at Neg Battery cable and if they checked out OK to replace under hood Electrical Buss. Still had problems (this time the dealer experienced it). They then found high resistance in the Neg cable and UBEC. They replaced the UBEC and Neg Battery cable. For the moment it appears to be working fine. Hopefully that has fixed the issue. The information above came from my paperwork. The parts they replaced are:
95216200 Block 2.483 Y
95281536 Cable 2.341 Y

I hope this information helps someone else (and that it really has fixed my problems as well).

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2012 has experienced a variety of weird electrical issues recently. My radio display blinks on & off. Service warnings for the Stability Trac & Theft Deterrent System have displayed. The power steering seemed to go off once. Two nights ago my car completely died. No electrical power whatsoever. I jumped the battery & power was restored. It seemed to be restored too quickly for a bad battery. I took the car to the dealership yesterday & they could not get any of the problems to replicate and could find nothing wrong. They called it a "head scratcher" and I took the car home. Today the radio started going & on off again. When I parked & shut the car off, it completely died again. I tried to jump the battery again & could not get power restored. It has been towed back to the dealership again. I've seen a few other posts with similar problems. Did anyone get a definitive diagnosis on what causes these problems? Is it a battery issue or something worse? Of course I am about 5,000 miles past the warranty so I'm hoping I'm not totally screwed!
I purchased my 2012 Cruze in Oct. 2013 with 35,000 miles and the flashing lights, etc. problem began in March 2014. I actively participated in the thread unique for the radio off/on problem. Finally, the day came when I started the car and entire dashboard looked like a Christmas tree and stayed like that all the way to the dealer's service center. I did as one of the posts suggested and kept the engine running so the mechanics could see it as well. Turns out they still couldn't locate the cause and were advised by GM tech assist to replace the fuse box. That worked as now I had more electrical response than when I bought the car. Then this month the new problem shows up: anti-theft deterrent kicks in, shutting down all electrical and not letting me remove the key. Tuns out I was starting the car THE OLD-SCHOOL WAY. I was told that instead of turning the key just enough until the engine engages (as I had been doing for decades in my older vehicles).....turn it hard as far as it will go and hold it there a millisecond. Tech. Asst. told me there are four computers that need to sequentially communicate and my quick-start was preventing them from fulling engaging, thus alerting the system to shut everything down.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Tech. Asst. told me there are four computers that need to sequentially communicate and my quick-start was preventing them from fulling engaging, thus alerting the system to shut everything down.
This should be in the OM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my Cruze back last night. When I took it in the second time they contacted Chevrolet's tec assist and they were advised the check the G102 Ground, G100 for corrosion, checked voltage drop at Neg Battery cable and if they checked out OK to replace under hood Electrical Buss. Still had problems (this time the dealer experienced it). They then found high resistance in the Neg cable and UBEC. They replaced the UBEC and Neg Battery cable. For the moment it appears to be working fine. Hopefully that has fixed the issue. The information above came from my paperwork. The parts they replaced are:
95216200 Block 2.483 Y
95281536 Cable 2.341 Y

I hope this information helps someone else (and that it really has fixed my problems as well).
Did it did your vehicle? I think this is what's wrong with mine I just want to know if this fixed yours long term. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased my 2012 LT in april and the Christmas tree in the cluster problem happened twice since. As what I have read, the most common problem is the negative battery cable. I went to my local Stealership and bought a new one. It is exactly identical , but the small numbers on the label are different. There was no corrosion on mine, neither on the battery and body ground. I brushed all contacts with a steel brush. I hope I will not have that problem anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have been having the same problems. I think the Cruzes are LEMONS!!!!!!! I was stranded with my little boy five hours away from home. Car would not crank and the Chevrolet place here in my town just replaced my battery due to it cracked and was putting off a terrible odor (liked to killed us the smell was so bad), According to the service department (who was even complaining about the smell) its a wonder the battery did not blow up. My radio randomly switches to AUX on its own. The service anti theft light comes on, service air bag keeps coming on, the service traction control light comes on. SO MANY PROBLEMS wish I would have gotten something else. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet in Tallahassee is giving Dale Jr. a bad name with their service men. You have to double check behind them I have found where they charged my warranty for something that wasn't even done. I threatened to call my warranty people and tell them and of course they start stuttering and say I don't know how that happened bring it back in and we will do it...REALLY??? I bought this car for fuel reasons as the sticker that Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet had on the window said 42 MPG. THEY LIED, LIED, LIED I get 28MPG and I don't drive crazy. I am just really displeased with my car. If I were Dale Jr. I would make Rick Hendrix take my name of the Tallahassee dealership as it is going to bring his name down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 has experienced a variety of weird electrical issues recently. My radio display blinks on & off. Service warnings for the Stability Trac & Theft Deterrent System have displayed. The power steering seemed to go off once. Two nights ago my car completely died. No electrical power whatsoever. I jumped the battery & power was restored. It seemed to be restored too quickly for a bad battery. I took the car to the dealership yesterday & they could not get any of the problems to replicate and could find nothing wrong. They called it a "head scratcher" and I took the car home. Today the radio started going & on off again. When I parked & shut the car off, it completely died again. I tried to jump the battery again & could not get power restored. It has been towed back to the dealership again. I've seen a few other posts with similar problems. Did anyone get a definitive diagnosis on what causes these problems? Is it a battery issue or something worse? Of course I am about 5,000 miles past the warranty so I'm hoping I'm not totally screwed!
My 2014 has the exact issues also ignition tries to start with the key off? No recalls on the issues but plenty of complaints.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,992 Posts
My 2014 has the exact issues also ignition tries to start with the key off? No recalls on the issues but plenty of complaints.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You should start your own thread here. Make sure you post any codes, icons etc that are occuring as well as any parts you have already replaced and when. Also any service that has been done, post what is on the invoice if you have it.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.