Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guy's I'm puzzled I bought this car about 3 months ago I knew there were issues with the car but "assumed" they would be simple fixes.... WRONG! First off the radio will not power on and the display screen does nothing no lighting up no noises absolutely nothing the car has no sound (seat belt drinker, turn signals ect.) now all a sudden after 3 months my cigarette lighters front and back quit working and my trunk won't open with either the key fob or the button on the trunk itself I've checked all the fuses/relays nones blown I've even went as far as replacing every fuse and relay! I've replaced the negative battery cable nothing... I did notice today when I was tinkering with the trunk if you listen closely whenever I hit the key fob trunk release it has a very disturbing buzzing sound coming from the fuse box inside the car which worrys me honestly... Anybody having the same issues? Any suggestions on what to do? I know I should have done research before I bought the car but I didn't so don't bash me on it please lol

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
... I did notice today when I was tinkering with the trunk if you listen closely whenever I hit the key fob trunk release it has a very disturbing buzzing sound coming from the fuse box inside the car which worrys me honestly...
Try to feel for the source of the buzz. Put your finger on each relay in the fuse box and hit the trunk release on the fob, and see if you can pinpoint the source of the buzz.

There's a relay in the trunk release circuit. The relay is in the instrument panel fuse box, KR95B. I've attached a drawing.

There may be a bad ground on pin 1 of the relay. If there's too much resistance in the path (ie, a bad ground connection between the relay and G201) then, when the relay coil is energized and current starts to flow in the coil, the voltage at pin 1 rises thereby cutting off the current flow which in turn causes the voltage at pin 1 to go back down which in turn causes the current to go back up. IOW, you get an oscillation which could be causing the buzzing sound you hear.

Anyway, confirm it's the relay buzzing. Then pull it out and re-insert it a few times to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, you'll need to get to the back side of the fuse box to inspect the wiring at the relay, then trace it to G201.

The BCM controls the relay. The fob and the rear switch both feed the BCM, so that explains why both releases are getting the same result.

HTH.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts