Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find a thread with a similar issue so hope I'm not rehashing an old problem.

I've got a 2012 with approx. 368k and if the last year or more, the radio volume, as we're driving, slowly starts decreasing, on its own. Sometimes it will begin roughly 20 mins into a trip, other times, it will work properly the whole trip (I commute 2+ hours to work) but about 80% of the time, the volume decreases. When the starts, the volume cannot be increased at all. Eventually, after a few minutes or longer, the volume gets to around 5 and stops decreasing, but its impossible to hear at this volume anyway. The radio will not increase in volume the rest of that trip, even turning the radio off does nothing, it starts at the volume it last went down to. The next trip out though, the radio works fine, till the volume starts decreasing, yet again. rinse and repeat.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
Could be the Auto Volume setting which can be turned off

Auto Volume The auto volume feature automatically adjusts the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent. The level of volume compensation can be selected, or the auto volume feature can be turned off. 1. Press the CONFIG button. 2. Select Radio Settings. 3. Select Auto Volume. 4. Select the setting. 5. Press the BACK button to go back to the System Configuration menu.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought but this is a steady decline of volume, regardless of the road/wind noise, with no increase in volume at anytime. I'll still reset that setting just in case, though. I'll try anything at this point.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,890 Posts
That was my first thought but this is a steady decline of volume, regardless of the road/wind noise, with no increase in volume at anytime. I'll still reset that setting just in case, though. I'll try anything at this point.
Make sure you are not fingering the volume control on the steering wheel, assuming you do not own an LS.

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
I have an LT but I know that is not the issue.
If it's the factory Radio perhaps the G.M. Infotainment Center might be able to help? Unfortunately G.M. has kind of separated themselves from social media & customer service for certain products they no longer support:
Call toll free 1-855-478-7767

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a factory radio, but just the low end one, not the infotainment touchscreen system. But could still be worth a shot. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts