Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rain Eater wiper blades

8086 Views 32 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  SilverBullet717
Hey everyone, I just recently decided to buy new wiper blades for my Cruze. The factory ones only had 18,000 miles on them but after mistakenly cleaning them with rubbing alcohol and making them streak like crazy, I just decided to buy new ones since we have harsh winters in Illinois and the factory ones seem to freeze up during the winter. After looking at numerous brands such as Bosch and Rain-X, I decided to go with a company called Rain Eater, I heard about them from a repossession agent from Utah that I watch on YouTube. He's had them on his truck for sometime and after hearing all the good reviews online I decided to purchase a set. I have to say they do great business, the blades came quick and they installed even quicker using the same method that you use to install the factory ones. I bought this pair for $35 and some change. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use them yet but I can't wait to get some rain so that I can use them. I will be sure to post an update when I test them out.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE

I've had my Raineater wiper blades on for about 3 months now and I have to say I couldn't be happier with the performance. I can't wait for the winter months here in Illinois to really put them to the test. When I received them I was impressed with how well they were packaged and was really shocked to see a hand written card with a pen included. The install was super easy and you can be sure they are not going anywhere. The new ones went on just like how the factory blades came off. I have bragged about Raineater to everyone that I know. I will definitely be buying Raineater blades in the future. Thanks again Raineater for providing such a great product.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
i usually stick with Bosch or trico neoform. down here in Florida if you wax your glass you hardly hardly need them but wipers are so crucial why cheap out on them? does waxing the glass help at any up north in cold and snow spacedout? i plan on moving to new Hampshire in two years so ill face that issue soon

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
i usually stick with Bosch or trico neoform. down here in Florida if you wax your glass you hardly hardly need them but wipers are so crucial why cheap out on them? does waxing the glass help at any up north in cold and snow spacedout? i plan on moving to new Hampshire in two years so ill face that issue soon
Nope. I deal with rain/snow in Denver and it's not the stuff that's falling, it's the crud kicked up by tires that coats the windshield. New Hampshire is the same way.

· Registered
13 Posts
Il. hear. I use rain-X. I've had the same small bottle for years now and will never drive with out it. I use to use the rain-X windshield wiper fluid. That works good too, in rain and snow. Only stopped using it cuz I got to the dealer for oil changes now. For wipers... I can't recall if a certain pair was good or not.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Pandrad61, what do you use for wax on your glass?
i was always a fan of nu finish once a year wax because its a fantastic price and super easy to work. i wax every 2 months anyway so even not the most expensive wax wont matter. might be switching to kleen paint sealer that they use on airplanes. last way longer in Florida heat and sand. i wax the windshield because rain x after a week is all gone and 2 days of florida rain is no good. with wax on the glass and a great hand buff rain acts like rain x windshield but last way longer and the glass is so shiny you can see yourself in it

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
My car will be two years old on February 28th. Still running the factory original wipers :)
Do you park in a garage or shade 1/2 the time? Its the summer heat and sun that really destroys blades. My father goes south for the winter so his truck sees 80F+ days year round. He has to replace his wipers twice a year because of the environment they are in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.