Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rain Forest Green anyone?

5389 Views 16 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  spacedout
So who else owns a rain forest green Cruze?.
when I picked mine out it was the only green one.
Actually, it and a Silverado were the only 2 green vehicles
on the lot!.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Reverend Red Bull
1,154 Posts
Been driving my RFG Diesel for a year as of Saturday. Great color. My wife wanted Atlantis Blue, and we even tried to order one, but 3 months later, it still hadn't been built, and we were in a situation where we had to make a move quickly. The only Diesel available within 2 hours of us happened to be RFG, so I ended up getting my color instead.

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I've only seen a few of them around locally, and for sure one was a rental. My neighbor drives a newer Corvette and must have been getting some work done to it because he had a RFG Cruze sitting in his driveway for a week or so. Made me smile when I drove by :)

Sent with iLove 6.0

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love how it shines when the sun hits it. I've never seen another one in person. I was shocked to see a dark colored green car that's new.
Most green cars I see are older 90's models

10,589 Posts
I only seen 2 on the lot (one Diesel, one LS) and then a random LTZ outside Summit Racing; Closer inspection it was an enterprise rental car. Sad thing is I found it like 3 months after the take a pic of your Cruze next to a RGM Cruze challenge was over.

· Registered
1,524 Posts
I see a lot of Cruzes on the road today, and I personally don't recall every seeing a green one in person. I must say, my personal preference is for white ( mostly because they stay cooler when sitting in the sun for long periods of time ) and my current car is the light gold/silver, not totally by choice, but I don't really mind it.... but anyway, if I did have to choose one with a darkish color, I would love to have the Rain Forest Green, very nice looking color.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I was looking at Durango's I only wanted
a white one with black and tan interior. That was harder
to find then I thought!. Most Durango's have all black interior
and I didn't want that. Plus it had to have AWD. When I found mine I
jumped on it! Lol. I just fell in love with my little Cruze, and color stands out to me.
I'll get a better pic of it sometime ;)

Attachments

· Registered
97 Posts
Rfg was my second choice but it was 1.8l I wanted 1.4turbo it seemed like the dealer ordered all the nice colors for the 1.8 and black n white for 1.4t I was disappointed but what can you do I wasn't about to factory order another chevy once is enough.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
View attachment 114818

Old 48 Dodge was rain forest green, better shade in my opinion than was the execs at Cruze chose. Can always buy paint for a 48 Dodge, and DIY. How about those wide whitewalls? LOL.

How about those side vent windows and rain gutters? Never had problems opening those doors after an ice rain. And also could open those side vent windows during a storm without getting drowned or even wet. Sometimes, old is better, ha, I am old, and much better.

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
hopefully the rain forest green on the cruze holds up better than it did on my 2004 cavalier. I thought the car still looked great, however when a friend bought a 2004 rain forest green Tahoe, we could see my car was really faded compared to his. My car sat outside 100% of the time, his was garaged.

The sad day was at 8 years when I went to wash the car, the car wash took allot of the paint off the roof.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.