Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its been raining in arkansas for about 3 days...it seems its been raining form months here...ive noticed the car doesnt like wet roads...or at least the firestone tires dont...it like to hydroplane....but at least the traction control on my car doesnt get over active on wet roads..but the tires sure suck in the wet...does anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's been raining steady in Hot Springs Village but my stock tires are OK. Of course, I drive like a little old lady. The only time I'm going to skid is when some of the crazy wildlife develops a suicide wish. I crested a hill the other day and there was a whole bunch of wild turkeys running down the road in my lane. They seemed to prefer the road instead of running through the woods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Eco comes with Goodyear tires, so I can't comment to your tires exactly. But I can say this: go to tirerack.com, find your tire, and read the editor and user reviews. If you look at the review specifications, you can find how your tire is judged to perform in various different conditions (e.g., dry, wet, snow, etc.).

My guess is that you might be disappointed by what you find. In my experience, OEM tires usually provide middle-of-the-road performance. The good news is that upgrading tires is one of the best and easiest performance enhancements you can do for your car. Maybe this is cause for some excitement around 40,000 miles or so.

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
Not sure if they will fit, but if you can afford Falken ziex ze-912 tires they're worth it!!!

Had them on my previous car and they were beautiful in the rain.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sure dont drive like a grandma..i still dive like i did 18 or so years ago...i dont think ill ever grow out of it...but my car seems to like it..lol...i just have to remind myself to slow down on the curvy roads when its raining..i have to remember that im driving a stock car..on a normal road...not driving a track car on a track...ahh i miss the Nurburgring..and Hockenheim...

·
Contest Manager
2,253 Posts
Experienced my first rainy night 2 weeks ago on the interstate. I'll tell you it wasn't delightful at all. I have Goodyear Assurance Fuel max on my cruze. When I got on the interstate it was raining and it wasn't behaving normal. It seemed like it was down on power. I was driving in the left lane beside the barrier and was in the middle of passing another vehicle. I saw a thin section of water so I lifted off the gas and as I passed over the water it hydroplaned. Pretty scary being in between to objects that can do serious damage. I recovered it and stayed in the slow lane the rest of the way to work. Btw tire rack gave this tire a 5.4 out of 10 on wet roads. lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone 4 app

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah...i will be replacing these tires soon..esp if i find they suck in snow or ice...caus ein the wet. it feels like the car floats all the time..and is numb..more than usual..lol...ive been looking at either the Continental ExtremeContact DWS,or the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position....ill have to see what sizes they carry for each..and prices..id like for the tire to be a bit wider..so ill have to play around with what size is best for the price...cause sometimes you get thoes odd sizes,that are much more than the next size up or down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Firestone and Goodyear tires that come on the Cruze are garbage in the rain! The Michelin X-ice winter tires are 10X better then the Fuel Max tires I removed.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Quote "The Michelin X-ice winter tires are 10X better"

Did you note any diff in economy with the Frenchies ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
DrVette
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing