Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching through the form by using the google custom search bar, i have not seen any posts about "rally guard's" or rally style mud flaps on this form. im curious to know if anyone has made some or if they have bought some pre cut for an other make of vehicle and put them on your cruze?

i dont care if you think they are ugly,( dont mean to be rude ) i'm looking for functionality.

they cant just be rubber, it has to semi-rigid ( sounds Dirty ) :th_coolio: in order to be effective.

im not a fan of the stock looking ones they sell on e-bay,i don't want to spend 100$..... btw i have an RS

if your wondering what a rally guard style mud flap is heres a pic of some installed on a subaru :

polyurethane_rally_mud_flaps2.jpg

what would you recommend, possible solution ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
afaik, there is one Cruzen who installed one of those. I just cant remember where I saw his post, its either here on CT, or in another Cruze forum.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have some Rally Armor Mud flaps on my cruze Ill take a pic and upload it for ya! :eek:k: Cruze MudFlaps 001.jpg Cruze MudFlaps 005.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
are those sold as bolt on? or did you modify some for another vehicle? (SICK job with the rally look though, nice idea w/ the eco rims :))

·
Administrator
15,743 Posts
thanks guys! but will this stuff stand up to - 40 degree C weather?

Amazon.com: Kydex Sheet - .060" Thick, Calcutta Black, 12" x 12" - Pick: Color, Thickness, Size: Home & Kitchen

it says cold impact is average, but is that enough?
I think it will last. I've used it, and it's very good stuff. I highly doubt it will crack on you, as long as you get a good thickness. It has significantly higher elasticity than other rigid polymers.

This document will help you understand it better:

http://www.kydex.com/Uploads/Files/KYDEX_TB_121-B_MinimumServiceTemperature_061412.pdf

I support this product because it's incredibly versatile. Pop it in a toaster oven, and with some gloves, you can mold it into and around any shape you want. It's quite popular for making pistol holsters because of that. You can cut it into any shape you want, then mold it specifically around the attachment points of the Cruze so it fits and secures perfectly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
are those sold as bolt on? or did you modify some for another vehicle? (SICK job with the rally look though, nice idea w/ the eco rims :))
They were the universal ones from the rallyarmor site. I had to buy the screws and washers separately so i just drilled into the plastic sidewall or w/e its called and put 3 screws in each one. And gotta love plastidip for the rims haha :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love rally armour but i dont have 126$ for rubber flaps :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found "basic" universal flaps from rally armour for about 25 bucks. Granted they are most likely not the same strength as the $130 ones, but all I am doing is driving my cruze on the road, not competing in the mud! I think they may look pretty cool on my car, and give my paint/car some great protection from PA's libreal use of salt brine come winter.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Starchy, I'd love to see some pics or get a description of how you got the rear flaps in there. The dilemma I'm running into is the outter lip on the rear wheel wells ..... its appears to be in the way ... :banghead:

I have some Rally Armor Mud flaps on my cruze Ill take a pic and upload it for ya! :eek:k: View attachment 7281 View attachment 7282

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts