Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a post by chevycruze rs member a bit ago and was wanting input on actually making the pass. fog light assy. into a functional "scoop" . and using the stock air cleaner box and filter as a pressure equalizer. I would use a nice stainless screen or machine and powder coat a piece to match the car color in the fog light bezel. Any ideas or insight if this will improve HP an or mileage? Thanks!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It won't help your highway mileage as there will be a new source of aero-drag on the front end. I doubt it will help your HP since our intakes are already capable of feeding more air to the engine than it needs (until you top 10,000 ft at least).

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Oh now I know what happened to Danny's Cruzeator ! LOL ..

Sup , Danny .

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Gather that engineers that can design a very quiet air intake for an engine that can develop 1.6 HP per CID, and obtain better than 47 mpg at 55 mph really don't know much about designing air intake systems.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Any ideas or insight if this will improve HP an or mileage?
It might for a normally aspirated car. But for a computer-controlled turbo, odds are all that will happen is the computer cuts back on the turbo boost to get the manifold pressure it wants. It would only help if the computer wants more and the turbo is already maxed.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, have an over the range hood that was replaced with a micro. Bottom is 30 by 18" has filters and a fan in it that can be removed, but funnels into a 3 inch vent.

Wonder how this would work if I mount the bottom of this hood forward in front of my Cruze and plumb that vent to the air intake. At 60 mph, with the air pressure concentrated to that relatively small vent, should really get a strong blast of air.

What do you think will blow up first in that 1.4L?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Just remove factory snorkel to let air box get air from inner fender well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts