Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was sitting in traffic this morning. I was wondering if part of the reason with the poor stock sound quality/performance is due to the speaker placement in the rear doors. All of the cars I've owned prior to the Cruze have had the speakers mounted in the rear deck. The rear glass would then help in the reflection of the sound towards the front of the cabin.

It seems that since the rears are under powered anyway. Having them low and essentially in line with the seat backs is just contributing to the issue as well. I'll need XR to chime in on this, since he been blessed with K9 auditory abilities. :)

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Rear speakers only serve as fill for everything that gets muffled/cut out by the front seats. In terms of rear deck speakers, those are more than usually subwoofers, and so have nothing to do with sound quality/performance aside from covering the low range of notes that reference woofers cant play.

The stock system is poor, because its a stock system on a 20K car. If you want to actually improve your Quality/Performance, I would highly suggest doing the front sound stage upgrade in XR's SQ thread, or adding a subwoofer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts