Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering who else with a 1.8 with m/t has a rattle on startup? It started around 10,000kms for me and local dealer found a bulletin stating to replace the starter motor to correct the noise. It worked but now that i'm @ 32000kms i've started hearing it again intermittently on startup. just looking for feedback if anyone has had any other work done to correct this issue?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Jonnyukon,

We'd be happy to reach out to a local dealership on your behalf about the rattle you're experiencing in your Cruze. I certainly understand how frustrating unexpected noise can be on a vehicle. If you would like for us to assist you, please private message us your VIN, current mileage and full contact information. We look forward to your response and working with you.

Best,

Marlea W.
Chevy Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my starter replaced as per PI1175B. Unfortuntly I had failed to have the dealership check-out the noise till after my 36k waranty was up. Apparently the starter is no longer part of the powertrain (lawered!) The car had about 43k at the time and had made a slight rattle about 1 in 10 starts since it was new. The noise sounded exactly like a loose bit of heat shielding on the exhaust system so I did not pay any attention to it. The new starter is a different speed & part number than the original. The new starter turns just a bit faster and eliminates that little shake from the engine as it started and thus prevents the noise.
I do not believe I should have had to pay to replace a starter that was incorrect when I bought the car.
If anyone has a 1.8L manual trans built before jan 10 2014 get it in for your starter replacement before 36k!
I would welcome any comment from chevy customer care.
Thanks
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts