Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is either new, or something got worse.
For months now I noticed that on the front/passenger side there is a knocking noise while driving over on crap road. I figured it's the strut or my ball joint going. I checked by lifthing the car and inspecting them, but both the strut and the ball joint seems to be ok.
So anyway, I dismiss it although I want to know what it is.
Second thing, and this more concerning. This does not happen all the time, I would say 1 out of 10 times. If i start moving from stationary position and as I lift my foot off the clutch and step on the gas, the same or similar rattling can be felt and heard from the passenger side wheel. It's much more louder and it goes away as soon the car starts rolling. It scares the crap out of me though.

It usually happens after extended travel in a city and a lot of stop and go. Also it doesn't happen if I am very careful with the clutch and the gas, but sometimes it's unavoidable, for example: I'm uphill and start moving from dead stop.
Does anyone have a clue or had anything similar? I can't put my finger on what it could be, because in my previous experience (with other kind of cars) , it always ended up the balljoint and/or the front strut. But my car's joints and struts show no symptoms of being worn.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Bad upper engine mount? The one in between serpentine belt and fender. Happened to me, sorta of a rattle noise when taking off from a stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.