Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my Car on yesterday morning and it said LOW RAM in the computerized speedometer in my dash.

I called the dealer and she didnt know what I was talking about, asked me to bring it in at 1200 pm. I went to my daughters drs apt. When I turned the car back on everything was back to normal!!!

I still took it to the dealer thinking a possible short or a warning to a problem!!
I took it in and told her everything was back to normal and its not doing it, and she said I do not know what you are talking about and neither will my guys, it has to say it on the screen for proper diagnostics.

I am very worried about my car!!! Can any of you please help me!!!
I have a 2014 chevy Cruze...

Thank you

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Cruze does have historical codes, they should have put a scanner on it. After so many successful operations without codes, those codes are removed by the diagnostic system itself.

Had warnings that went away, but were in history. They cannot be erased, but will fad away over time. Power steering was such a code, just to prove I was not cracking up. Seriously enough to cause them to replace the PS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same thing happen on mine, and "LOW RAM" was barely visible in the daylight, almost like a burn in on a shutoff screen. Started up the car later that night, and it was back on. Weird(er) thing was, the Trip Odometers and Trip Mileages were both around 25k and around 28 mpg. I had one at 5k (reset when I bought the car) and 30 mpg, and the other tracking my mileage each tank. It's been okay since then, maybe a week now, but it's really irritating, and nobody seems to know the fix that I've found anywhere. And our local dealership is crap, so I'm not bothering with them.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Weird software bug. It's possible there is new software for the instrument cluster from GM. That's the only fix I can think of.

Worse case scenario unplugging the battery for 5 to 10 minutes should clear most things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts