Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Re-matching TPMS sensors after a rotation.

4930 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kingjim9
Hey Everyone! I'm coming up on a tire rotation for my chevy cruze, I know in the owners manual it details the instructions on how to re-match all the sensors however it says to use the TPMS learn tool at each wheel.

I was just wondering if the Cruze would be able to re-learn TPMS locations using the pressure method by adding or dropping each tire by at least 5 psi as is the case with other model chevy's, or if the cruze requires the use of the reset tool?

Thanks

-Jim
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
682 Posts
It works for sure on 2011. There was some mention of it being disabled on 2012 due to the car sometimes finding nearby sensors (such as your neighbours) and programming those instead. That's why Chevy recommends the reprogram tool... but its worth a shot. Go to your pressure monitor on your DIC and hold the end button down for a few seconds. If the car beeps and it says something like "tire reprogram active" then it should work. Start with the drivers side front and work your way around the car clockwise (front passenger, rear passenger, then rear driver). I know for mine you have to let out a LOT of air. so be persistent and wait for the horn to scare the crap out of you before moving to the next tire. Let us know how it goes...

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, thanks guys! I'm going to give it a shot. I know that's the method I used to use on my '09 Cobalt.

I've also heard that the special tool chevy recommends is nothing more than a magnet, anyone know any more on this?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just finished up the rotation, the air drop method does indeed work as others have indicated. I seemed to have to remove a lot more air than I previously remembered on other chevy's (down to about 17 psi) but oh well, its done and all re-matched none the less!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.