Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear power plug (or for us older guys the cigarette plug) in the rear of the center console. Is it easy to remove from the exterior? Meaning not taking the center console apart. I really want to make that plug so it has constant power, Run a live feed to it. I work from my car and it would be nice to keep my phone charged while I'm with a client.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Short answer is no. Long answer is that the fuses are in the in-dash fuse box above the driver's left knee. There are a pair of 20 or 25 (I don't remember off the top of my head if they're 20 or 25) amp fuses in the center of this box. One goes to the front power outlet and the other going to the rear power outlet. Everything in this fuse box turns off after 10 minutes. You'll need to reroute the power for these circutis to the main fuse box in the engine bay.

·
2,170 Posts
I know how you feel. I had to install a second battery in my trunk with an isolator relay for my sound system, then I attached an "always on" 12v outlet to my second battery. It's also nice to be able to jump-start yourself if needed.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Take a look at this post about how to modify the fuse box for always on power connectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts