Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this seems to happen more when its cold out below 35 degrees, and also happens when its rainy. It seems like my rear brakes are tighter than my front brakes as if im at a red light and slowly let the brake pedal up, I can feel the front brakes release and the front kind of pop up a little and then after releasing the pedal a bit more the back brakes sort of "unstick" and I start moving. It wasn't always like this and im wondering what could have caused it. Also, since the brakes seem to be equal in warm weather, meaning even if i release the brake slowly I am not held by the back brakes as they seem to come off at the same time, I am worried that the dealer won't be able to see the issue. Its a 2018 LT with 10,700 miles. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
I would ask the service manager at the dealer what, if anything they will charge you to diagnose it. Hopefully you can bring it on a cold day and have them leave it outside until they have time to check it.

I know the shoes/pads are not a warranty item, but I would think the rest of the system is.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, due you set the ebrake only when it's cold for some reason?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the same issue in my 18' LT RS Hatch. I'm probably going to bring it in next year if it's still doing it when it's cold again because of the same issue. It never does it when it's warm out.

Plus by then there might be a TSB available that addresses it. That can be a pain with new cars if the techs aren't very knowledgeable.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I have the same issue in my 18' LT RS Hatch. I'm probably going to bring it in next year if it's still doing it when it's cold again because of the same issue. It never does it when it's warm out.

Plus by then there might be a TSB available that addresses it. That can be a pain with new cars if the techs aren't very knowledgeable.
If your Brakes don't seem right you take it in to the Dealer under Warranty. Waiting a year could endanger your life and or mess up your CRUZE. These cars aren't always built perfectly and worse yet its made in a 3rd world Country

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is definitely true but without the conditions to duplicate the concern the dealer will be taking wild guesses beyond visual checks. The car stops great so I'm not concerned there. I hear you though, I'm not just turning a blind eye. I used to be a mechanic so I'm sensitive to any noises/vibrations my car makes probably more than most. Promise I'll be safe :th_salute:

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,349 Posts
The Gen 2 Cruze has a hill hold feature. It doesn't always release immediately as you hit the gas until the car actually moves forwards a bit. Neat feature, but they didn't 100% nail the execution of it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah that's a great point too. I've felt that system kind of work halfway at times and it certainly feels abnormal. In my case I think it is probably just due to snow and moisture during the cold months. We had a pretty brutally cold winter in Philly this year and when it snowed or rained was the only time I noticed it and it was only first thing in the morning when I was pulling out from my parking spot. After a couple min it would go away.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP was experiencing something similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts