Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. So I'm bored and looking at car parts. Zzp makes a rear disk kit for the sonic that's $400. Doesn't fit the cruze. I'd like to invite everyone to harass them into making one for ours.

I already sent them an email about this as well as motor mounts that don't completely ruin engine harshness.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just a guess, if you were to buy that kit and some mounting brackets for the calipers that are OEM for the cruze, you could probably just screw everything together and go.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was ultimately thinking. Pricing it through gm parts direct is a pita, but doable. It says the hub mount is different though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
A lot of sonic guys have had nothing but issues with that kit.

First which rear tear end do you have on your Cruze?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 2013 Lt rs. I know that there were two different axles used on that. Don't know what I have outside of that.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well you need a zlink to do it.. I did mine for cheap yours could be more matters on how you get the parts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I believe I read some discussion before that you can convert to rear disk by using parts from a rear disk equipped cruze. May want to check into that rather than spending money on a aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I Posted what's needed a month or so ago a few threads down.

Rotors
calipers (I have a set for sell $100 with lines and pads)
brake lines
backing plate
backing mount
cables
Brake pads
caliper bolts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I Posted what's needed a month or so ago a few threads down.

Rotors
calipers (I have a set for sell $100 with lines and pads)
brake lines
backing plate
backing mount
cables
Brake pads
caliper bolts
Is that for people who don't have the Z Link axle or for people who do?

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's what I had priced out some time ago. All o.e. ended up in the 6-700 range.

Yea if you buy all new dealer parts it's in the high 700s you can buy a rear end for around 4 or less or find a part out like I did

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Okay. I might have to holler at lkq sometime and have one shipped to my shop.

I should say after I get other things straightened out.

I almost did this some time ago, but then something surfaced about that not even working for some crazy reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts