Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
The Owner's Manual doesn't cover a rear facing child's seat in the rear seat of the Cruze, So they don't give you a location to put the top tether attachment that comes with some child car seats. I'm not sure about the Cruze, but I was able to use a bracket (where the lower seat cushion clipped in) under the rear seat lower seat cushion on our Protege5 for the rear strap attachment point for our grandkids car seat. I had to raise the seat cushion (like you were going to take the seat out of the car) and install the strap with the ring sticking out from under the seat. It stayed there until it was time to turn the child seat around for front facing use.

If you don't have a strap and ring to put under the seat, you can purchase the parts to make one at your local hardware store. Our Mazda is a hatch back and there was no center bracket on the back of the rear seatbacks to mount the car seat in the middle of the rear seat, so I purchased 1" wide nylon strapping, connectors, and a steel ring at the local hardware store and made a Y shaped strap to hook the top tether strap to.

Jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.