Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rear Headrest removal

20334 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  NickD
Is there a way to remove the back headrest in a 2012. I want to fold the seats down for a road trip and if I can remove the headrest it will allow the front seats to move more to the rear. I have pushed the button but you hit a stop for completely removing. Most cars you can do this. Also if no one is in the back removing would give better rear window visibility.

Thanks in advance if you know the trick to remove without damage and easily replacing when they are needed.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
If it's like the 11, press the little button and keep it pressed while removing the headrest. I have to lean the seat forward to completely remove the rear headrest.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's like the 11, press the little button and keep it pressed while removing the headrest. I have to lean the seat forward to completely remove the rear headrest.
Thanks Audog, I guess when in doubt read the owners manual and go the the child restraint section in my book on 3-41 (I did that after posting for help). On the 2012 there are 2 buttons to push at the same time. Since I had never had to push 2 before and the second one is slightly hidden if you are not looking for it.........I didn't know.
You are definitely correct as I have to lean the seat forward to get it out. Out it will be on the road trip but still in the car if we carry passengers in the back which I doubt.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed mine to install the rear seatcovers and I tilted the seat forward so there is plenty if room and after you get them past the detent, just keep pulling. They will pull all the way out.
Thanks for responding LadyInBlue! On the 2012 there are 2 buttons and I missed seeing the second one.

· Registered
144 Posts
Thanks LadyInBlue for adding the info about the second, hidden button on the 2012's. I too, liked many missed it and couldn't get them off -- that is until, remembering your post a while back, I re-checked the forum and found your info about the second button. You are correct, it is so easy to miss, even when you know it is there and are feeling around for it.

Anyway, thanks to you, mission accomplished, i.e., rear headrests bnow stored away on upper closet shelf....

· Banned
9,198 Posts
In mentioning child restrain seats, surprised no one posted on how deep those clips are located between the seat cushions. Was able to barely snap them in, but needed a 4 inch pair of nose pliers to released those clip springs. So tight, can't even get my hands in there.

Ah, the good ole days when I could toss my kids in a farm wagon and haul them to town. But even then, was okay to use a farm tractor even going 20 mph. Wouldn't dare use a street vehicle, even at 5 mph, would get into deep trouble with the law.

Started all this child tied up bit before my two youngest were born, with two very important problems when they were old enough to learn how to drive. First off, were brain washed to fall asleep when they got into a vehicle and couldn't stay awake while behind the wheel. Second, being tied up all those years, with a lot of it staring at the back seat, didn't know anything about driving on the road with all those laws you have to follow, because they spent their entire life tied up in the back seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.