Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the rear seat cushion to put on some seat covers. What I’ve read is that you just pull upward hard and I have done that to the point of feeling like I’m going to break the retaining clips. Am I missing something

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I am trying to remove the rear seat cushion to put on some seat covers. What I’ve read is that you just pull upward hard and I have done that to the point of feeling like I’m going to break the retaining clips. Am I missing something
Where did you read what you read?

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
YouTube. It wasn’t for a 2018 though.
Well don't pull on anything hard in the CRUZE, basically its a POS Car that was discontinued in the United States today:grim: Why not drop by the dealer to ask this if your question isn't answered properly

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
TO remove the rear seat cushion on a 2018 sedan "pull up on the front of the seat cushion to disengage the retainers. A high amount of upward force will be required"

Straight from service manual...Pull really fcuking hard. Then slide the seat back a little to get it off the rear hooks.

You're likely gonna deform the floor when you remove the seat, you'll need to tap it back flat with a hammer, and I stall new plastic retainers most likely. Yes this is GM procedure.

You may be able to reuse the plastic retainers, but new or used only push the seat back down just enough to hold it in place. If you push it down hard when you go back together (especially with new retainers) you'll never get it back off LOL

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just skip the procedure and throw a sheet or blanket back there and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts