Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New this forum but I was wondering what is the difference on the rear suspension some rear axles has a extra link that mounts towards the right bottom shock up to a body mounted bracket. I thought maybe one with rear disc only had this but I have seen models with rear drum with this link also.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
The extra suspension bits your referring to is called the Zlink. In 2011 all models but the ECO manual trans had this suspension setup. Over the years GM has de-contented the car so as of 2016 limited only the RS packaged cars, LTZ or Diesel had it. The all new 2016+ I believe only the premiere model has the Zlink.

Only the diesel(different brakes and wheel bolt pattern) 2LT and LTZ ever came with rear disc brakes. On the 2LT in 2011 it was an extra cost option to get the sport tuned suspension, rear discs and 17in wheels.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, the "Z link" is what you're seeing - it's supposed to keep the rear axle ends from splaying out during aggressive cornering. IIRC at the time it was part of the RS package on my '13 1LT, which has drum rear brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts