Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to replace the two piece cover on the windshield where the rearview mirror attaches mirror was loose and the dealer broke the other one was curious what are the sensors on the brackets for??

·
Registered
509 Posts
The only "sensors" I know of in there are the receiver for the door locks (electric and vacuum) and air conditioning electric temperature and motor control.

·
Registered
509 Posts
@StLouisCPhT knows more about the electronics than I do, so I'm following his lead.
Ron Tonkin Chevrolet* is your friend. :)

Their prices aren't always as good as a lot of the other GM dealer websites, although sometimes they will have items others don't. But they have diagrams for almost every area of a vehicle which definitely helps a lot.

* - This is not a promotional plug for this dealer. I do not work for them, nor do I know anyone there personally. I just find their database more useful than a lot of other sites.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anyone have a backup copy of that link on how to remove the trim around the mirror? It's down. I have a gen 2 and going, to install an auto-dimming mirror, and need to take off that plastic trim as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The link is broken. Is there another source? Thanks! ETA: I had to remove the link entirely. The system says I don’t have enough post to even quote someone else’s links. Lol
What trim level and year do you have? I have no sensors on mine. I have a 2014 LT.

Related post:

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts