GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONSDCS4428URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY​
Date: April 27, 2017

Subject: 16186 – Emission Recall
Catalytic Converter Internal Damage

Models: 2013-2014 Chevrolet Cruze
2013-2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Equipped with 1.8L Engine (RPO LWE)

To: All General Motors Dealers

General Motors is releasing Emission Recall 16186 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 77,000.

It looks like it is just a reprogram.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So silly question. This says U.S. vehicles effected 77000. Im in Canada, mine was built in Ohio. Any chance mine would fall under this? Im @ 140xxxkms, and the dealer sys my converter needs o e replaced. I find it hard to believe that my converter is gone already. Also read that an ignition coil could cause failure. I have replaced the coil. Im am talking to GM to see what they will do if anything If the don't, I will be buying Honda! SO anyone know anything about this??

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
So silly question. This says U.S. vehicles effected 77000. Im in Canada, mine was built in Ohio. Any chance mine would fall under this? Im @ 140xxxkms, and the dealer sys my converter needs o e replaced. I find it hard to believe that my converter is gone already. Also read that an ignition coil could cause failure. I have replaced the coil. Im am talking to GM to see what they will do if anything If the don't, I will be buying Honda! SO anyone know anything about this??
Not quite halfway through this are some phone numbers. Try calling.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/7460/product-...age-2013-2014-chevrolet-cruze-chevrolet-sonic

Otherwise print this out and bring to your dealer and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts