Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked myChevrolet owners center today, NOx sensor 1 replacement and ECM reprogram recall that was issued in Canada last year and issued here over the summer and subsequently dropped has been reissued in the US with an issue date of today, Oct 24, 2016. Will check my VIS on GM Global when I get a chance. This has been one strange story with this recall.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: This recall is showing up in GM news, and a document has been posted with the procedure and parts. It shows in my vehicles VIS as "Open" (earlier it showed up as "Incomplete, remedy not yet available." Before disappearing) Looks like you should be able to bring your car in and parts should be there. Documents say letters will be mailed Nov. 3. This recall covers every 2014-2015 diesel. And due to the notice, we get an official build number for our cars: 12,540. I'm going to get the parts ordered tomorrow.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS
DCS4224
URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY

Date: October 24, 2016

Subject: 15594 - Emission Recall
NOx Position 1 Sensor Replacement

Models: 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze Equipped with 2.0L Diesel Engine (LUZ)

To: All General Motors Dealers

General Motors is releasing Emission Recall 15594 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 12,540. Please see the attached bulletin for details.

Customer Letter Mailing
The customer letter mailing will begin on November 3, 2016.

Global Warranty Management (GWM)
The Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the GWM system will be updated October 24, 2016. A list of involved vehicles in dealer new inventory is attached to this message. Please hold all warranty transactions until the VIN appears in IVH.

END OF MESSAGE
GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I hesitate to do this on mine since it's been running fine for 190K miles. I would like to see some reports from other owners first, i.e. differences in drivability/performance.

As for the number, that sounds reasonable for US diesels. I would guess there are about 6K more in Canada?

@CruzeDan thanks for the great info!

Reactions: Cruzator

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
hmm i have mine pulled on gm global connect to. i see the recall but says or #15594 just like yours... i doubt we have the same car lol

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
I hesitate to do this on mine since it's been running fine for 190K miles. I would like to see some reports from other owners first, i.e. differences in drivability/performance.

As for the number, that sounds reasonable for US diesels. I would guess there are about 6K more in Canada?

@CruzeDan thanks for the great info!
im also leery to do it since im at 20k miles and have had no issues at all.....

now look at this"
Expires: Does not expire"

maybe we cna use it later down the road when dpf gets all screwy and a very expensive repair and say ... well the nox caused the while issue

·
Registered
212 Posts
Normally I don't turn away anything that's free...but I have had no issues for 32,000...I'll probably wait till others report. Thanks for the info Dan

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Thanks CruzeDan.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,670 Posts
Ours shows it again, but says incomplete.

These parts were just replaced in the summer when we had the "big" CEL issue, that GM ultimately paid nearly all of. I wonder if those are the same sensors, or if they will be changed to a new part number. I'd expect the sensors to remain the same and the calibration to change.

Soot buildup is usually from running too rich when cold - maybe this recal would be going the "right way" for fuel economy?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I see it. I'll definitely do it especially since it comes with a recalibration too so maybe that will help other emissions issues?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yup, CARFAX notified me....
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
Recall #2015594
NOX POSITION 1 SENSOR REPLACEMENT

But I'll pass until further knowledge is gained, or I have an issue (at 54K now with NO CELs seen yet). But all you suffering that plan on becoming part of the tune/deleters have a path now.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting it's considered a "safety recall"

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
ughhh well went in for warranty work for some trim on my CTD.... advisor says theres recall.. i know its lifetime don't do it now im sure you dont have the parts...ohh we have one lets go ahead..... f it go ahead but call parts department ake sure gm released them the parts.... later that day sorry we don't have it keep the impala loaner it arrives tomorrow... so today after work ill drive my new recalled CTd and post back up tomorrow am

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for notification. I've had the NOX sensor replaced under warranty last year. I wonder if this recall will apply to vehicles that have had a NOX sensor already replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for notification. I've had the NOX sensor replaced under warranty last year. I wonder if this recall will apply to vehicles that have had a NOX sensor already replaced.
recall is a recall so should be covered either way. i can check your vin on global connect if you want

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,670 Posts
Interesting it's considered a "safety recall"
Well, assuming that the NOX1 or O2 could cause the car to go into that lovely "XX Miles to Speed Limitation" mode, I would definitely consider that a safety issue.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
TypeNumberOriginal NbrDescriptionRelease DateStatus
Product Emission Recall

Not safety recall

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.