Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recall #46000

GM has received reports that certain 2016 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles may have a loose connection at the battery negative terminal to ground stud. This condition may cause the engine to stall while driving, may prevent the vehicle from being started, or may illuminate the service engine soon light.
Safety Risk Description:
Add a washer on the ground stud and re-torque the nut to correct this condition.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
Question - does anyone know if this is a Gen 1 or Gen 2 recall, or possibly both? The fix leads me to believe it's a simple assembly error vs. a bad part.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure. i have the vin and build date/sheet and says april this year but i cannot tell if its gen 1 or two. i think gen 2 since my 15 gen 1 didnt get the recall

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
April would be right about the switch over time from Gen 1 to 2 at the factory. It's possible this is just a missed washer in the initial run of cars. I suspect this would be easy enough to visually check in your driveway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
new recall

Question - does anyone know if this is a Gen 1 or Gen 2 recall, or possibly both? The fix leads me to believe it's a simple assembly error vs. a bad part.
It was on mine, but the recall was obviously completed before I bought it. If anyone needs help, let our team know. I can look into this more on my end as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought my Gen2 in May and got a call from the dealer today per this recall, so it may be specific to the Gen2 only

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought my car, next day i had to bring it in for the recall as it was put out an hour after I bought the car. GM wouldn't let the dealership log the sale til it was done. took 15 mins, no biggie.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is for sure the Gen 2. We have been doing the recall on our lot cars. All that happens is that a washer has to be added.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought my car, next day i had to bring it in for the recall as it was put out an hour after I bought the car. GM wouldn't let the dealership log the sale til it was done. took 15 mins, no biggie.
Just a call to come back in and get it done again... not sure what happened the first time.

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
It is for sure the Gen 2. We have been doing the recall on our lot cars. All that happens is that a washer has to be added.
This sounds to me like a drive into the service bay, have an advisor check the washer and if it's not there the advisor goes and gets a tech to put the washer on. I've had this type of work done many times over the years. Other than an annoyance it's obviously just an assembly error.

Sounds like the old joke about having a part left over, but on an assembly line level. :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew eventually id have to call one of the gen 2 drivers about the recall. well today was cruzetalks lucky day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts