Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im gonna be buying these seats from my buddy and he says they come with universal sliders but i need mounting brackets.... Anyone have these seats or other racing seats and could tell me which mounts to get thanks:) and also what would i do about the air bag sensor?

·
Registered
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
329 Posts
I know this is dead, and necromancy is a sin, but I cannot believe no one even bothered to say something. I have a set or recaros and I am looking for others that have swapped seats and what they did, or if there are measurements posted, or anything so I know whether or not I have to weld up adapters or what.

So, the airbag thing; if your new seats don't come with them, then you will get a check engine light (or rather an SRS warning (supplemental restraint system)). I am sure there is a way to get it fixed, but I could see it being annoying. Though, you are also driving without those airbags, and they have saved many, many lives. What I originally wanted to do is find some OE bucket seats from like a Camaro or Corvette or something and keep it aftermarket OEM, if that makes sense.

The brackets, seats, and sliders are 3 different things. The mounts (brackets) are what bolt to your car. The sliders site betwixt your seat and the mount, which keeps you planted in the car. Universal just means that they have a degree of customization options (adjustable width via the handle that allows the seat to slide, holes in different places for the basic patterns for different manufacturers, etc), and if they came with the seats like mine did, they should just bolt right up to the seat no problem. The bracket that bolts your seat to the car is the one that is not universal, but you would be surprised how many times you could either drill a couple of holes to match your rails to the bracket, or get something universal (Planted makes universal ones for like, 200 for a pair that people swear by).

You may not even be on this forum anymore, but at least it will rehash it and maybe in the last few years some people have done it and can chime in with their experiences.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,885 Posts
I mean, I guess it depends what kind of Recaros we're talking about here - I don't think the original post really describes it too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts