Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Received your tune?

22668 Views 172 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Merc6
Hi guys! Figured I would make this thread for all the people who participated in the Trifecta Group Buy.

Its as simple as this: post a reply when you get either the tune or the cable, so everyone is in the know!
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless some people requested some crazy stuff, I would assume they have an 87, 89, and 93 octane tune made up already that they just re-use, and then adjust based off of our datalogging. But anyways its nice to have an idea of when other people are getting theirs!

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I have done is the res. bypass and a drop in K&N performance filter. plugs are gapped to .33 but I will have to drop them to .28 for the tune

Reactions: SportBilly

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All we have done for the tune is replaced the iridium plugs for the copper ones
How have the copper plugs worked for you?? I was looking into doing this but decided not to since I have already had issues with spark plugs (blowout leading to loss of power in cylinder 1 - or so the dealership said).

10,589 Posts
How have the copper plugs worked for you?? I was looking into doing this but decided not to since I have already had issues with spark plugs (blowout leading to loss of power in cylinder 1 - or so the dealership said).
How big a gap were you running? .032 was my largest gap before the car didn't like me much. Did they check the spring in coil pack for corrosion in cyl #1?

why would you undo the bypass?
Been told it's not "as safe" as promised.

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How big a gap were you running? .032 was my largest gap before the car didn't like me much. Did they check the spring in coil pack for corrosion in cyl #1?
Been told it's not "as safe" as promised.
I was only running .030 at the time. They checked it all and were to the point where they were blaming the transmission, but they switched out my plugs for new ones and it fixed the problem. then they told me that the NGK iridium plugs that were in my car when I bought it (used) weren't the stock plugs and put the AC Delcos in and denied my warranty for it. I was under the impression that they were both the same plug.

Care to elaborate on the "not as safe" part???? lol :p

10,589 Posts
How long are you getting out of the coppers 10k?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Something like that or more depending on driving habits and if you use and abuse fuel additives... I only killed the 1st set when my coli pack died. Some have increase their gap beyond 0.28 with the coppers and didn't have blowout but it's still a safe bet to regap them so you know what gap they currently are if it's been a while since you installed them.

Bypass was supposedly shortening the turbo's life expectancy. It feels fun higher in the revs but I'll try to get to it later today since it's Sunday here.

For the ones who are tuned and lurk this thread, did you guys join Trifecta WOT forum and d/l ez-flash & ez-flash how to PDF?

· Registered
86 Posts
Just bought some autolite coppers and ngk coppers today. Got the autolites from advance but the ngk I had to get from ebay since they didn't carry them. Read in a past post that the ngk's are a bit better. Cant wait to get the tune. The email from bnr said I was #2 in line :)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.