Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Recently purchased a '12 Cruze LT, been lurking on here

1165 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  NYCruze2012
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Purchased my '12 Cruze LT with RS, All-star packages on 9/19. It is certified and currently has 21k miles. Being a nursing student and currently driving ~300 miles a week ill leaving it alone for the most part. I had it tinted 2 days after buying it. Ive been averaging 28 mpg in mixed driving. Coming from a '98 Jetta TDI its a bit of a loss but this car starts where the Jetta TDI didnt(needed an injection pump). I have had plently of fast cars in the past and will have plenty of time for more after i get out of school. For now i need a reliable car that wont need much more than regular maintenance. This car is doing this and i do like it. The little 1.4t is peppy while still being good on gas.

Plans for the car while it has warranty are:

Upgrading the stock Pioneer system- currently reading the SQ Car Audio Thread V2.
Wheels
suspension(maybe)
Lighting upgrades- Bi-xenon projector retrofit in blacked out housings with LED DRL's (someday)
anything else i see on here that wont void any warranties

Pictures:

Day 1:

After tint:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to CruzeTalk. One easy way to improve your fuel economy is to switch to 89 or 91 octane gasoline. This will improve your fuel economy but the impact on cost per mile will depend on the price increase. Also, take a look at our fuel economy forum for more ideas.

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

· Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :) Although your fuel economy isn't as good as the '98 Jetta TDI, I'm guessing the performance, comfort, quality, and reliability of the Cruze are better. I really like the Cruze RS. I wish they made an RS package for the Diesel.

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.