Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2011 1.4L LT RS and going to calibrate over night tonight but I wanna know if re-gapping is recommended? What gap are you running with your trifecta tune? I have the BKR8EIX plugs gapped at .033(ish) right now! Is there one better than the other? I'm not really concerned with MPG so looking for more performance so is there one plug better than the other?

Thanks,
KY

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Transport

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
481 Posts
I set mine at .025. They'll expand to .029 and start running wonky. Then regap them down again. Mine are the copper though.

·
10,712 Posts
I set mine at .025. They'll expand to .029 and start running wonky. Then regap them down again. Mine are the copper though.
Later reply, you check the condition of the springs and resisters? people with this issue ended up needing a new coil pack. I'm on lucky #3 at the moment. Pulled it a week ago prior to the snow and it looked fine on the inside.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Later reply, you check the condition of the springs and resisters? people with this issue ended up needing a new coil pack. I'm on lucky #3 at the moment. Pulled it a week ago prior to the snow and it looked fine on the inside.

It has done this since I got the car (put in coppers on the dealer lot while I was stealing my donut kit from the car next to it), it would start getting shaky at 2800-3200rpm and slowly morph into a stutter then a full on shudder with a cel flashing. close the gaps back down into the 25-28 range and shes perfect again and I get my missing mpg back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My trifecta rep told me to not touch the gap on my plugs and to leave it at 0.028. It pulls like a beast (well.. a mini beast lol) in all gears now so I'm good!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I own a 2011 1.4L LT RS and going to calibrate over night tonight but I wanna know if re-gapping is recommended? What gap are you running with your trifecta tune? I have the BKR8EIX plugs gapped at .033(ish) right now! Is there one better than the other? I'm not really concerned with MPG so looking for more performance so is there one plug better than the other?

Like the other have said, .028" spark plug gap is what most of the 1.4L cars like with that stock turbo. No need to go any tighter of a gap than that as long as you are on stock turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts