Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious about the 3157 LEDs from you guys. I just tried out some Philips 3157 LED bulbs in my tails/stops yesterday and the bulbs in the trunk lid did not light up even though my Ebay LEDs lit up in all 4 sockets. Would the 3157 bulbs (tail-0636-3157) from DD work in all 4 sockets? I was disappointed that the Philips bulbs did not work and extremely disappointed in the fact that the Philips bulbs were more of a dim orangish color as opposed to red LEDs.

Pressing the brake with my current Ebay LEDs isn't terribly bright and am looking for more of a difference between running/braking for safety reasons and am hoping your LEDs (specifically the H11s) with the tail as turn DIY mod are what I am looking for. Thanks!

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
If you go to DD and search by car, it will show you the bulbs you should use for rear taillight, sidemarker and turn signal, reverse light, etc. The site is very user friendly and you should be able to find exactly what you need.

I bought the "medium" brightness I guess you could say, 3157 HP11 (310 lumens) for the taillight bulbs. I've had them on the car since June of 2014 and am VERY happy. They are the perfect brightness imo, brighter than stock taillights, but not annoying.

Around the same time I installed those, I also put on some cheap white LED bulbs for the license plate I got off eBay, and they both stopped working around Nov? of 2014, I believe. So I won't be buying those again. I've been driving around with no LP bulbs for some time now, I need to get the DD ones!

*edit* sorry!! didn't realize this was in the vendor section. XD

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
That's Nice ! hay 4 piece ya can come around more often .. check out some of JJ 's threads .

Reactions: Jukebox Juliet

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Our HP and XP 3157 replacements will produce considerably more output than your factory incandescent bulbs, while still being noticeably brighter for brake light use

Here's a recent photo shoot example:

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Juliet did you also replace the trunk lid bulbs with some LEDs? I ask because the Philips ones only worked in the stops and I was pretty made about them not working in the tails. I am also looking at some red 194s for the rear lights - the ones in the side of the lens. Have you replaced those? I am not quite sure which ones would have the same brightness as the HP11 bulbs without looking weird.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Juliet did you also replace the trunk lid bulbs with some LEDs? I ask because the Philips ones only worked in the stops and I was pretty made about them not working in the tails. I am also looking at some red 194s for the rear lights - the ones in the side of the lens. Have you replaced those? I am not quite sure which ones would have the same brightness as the HP11 bulbs without looking weird.
I replaced everything on the rear tails with DD lights (I'd have to go to the site to check specifically which ones) but it was whatever was recommended on their chart. The only rear lights I didn't replace with DD were the license plate ones b/c I got them before discovering DD. When I get on my desktop I can go check what I ordered specifically :)

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'm super happy to know they'll work in the trunk lid! **** Philips.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Okay, no sorry, I was mistaken. Here's exactly what I ordered.

Tails - HP11 (310) x4
[red] Turns HP11 (310) x2

(and then I also got my front sidemarkers from DD)

The others (rear side-markers, reverse lights) I got off eBay.
Again, I didn't really discover DD until after I'd already made some light purchases, but going forward, I would recommend DD.

I just went out to the garage and took some photos of my tails, give me a second and I'll upload the pics. The trunk tails stay on.

Okay, sorry for low quality, but I just snapped them really quick so you could see. This is just the car sitting in park, on.

You can see everything is lit up that should be.

And then I snapped a quick photo while hitting the un-lock button so you could see reverse and turn signal lit up.

They look kinda orange, but that's just iPhone not capturing red. They're definitely red.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics! I think for the 194s I am just going to get bulbs that are slightly brighter than stock - the same description that are on the HP11s.

My reverse lights are from Philips and they're like headlights. Super white and bright. Bought those before my post in the DD section of the forum.

Again, thanks for the pics!

Reactions: Jukebox Juliet

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I think for the 194s I am just going to get bulbs that are slightly brighter than stock - the same description that are on the HP11s.

My reverse lights are from Philips and they're like headlights. Super white and bright. Bought those before my post in the DD section of the forum.

Again, thanks for the pics!
No problem, good luck with your order! Not sure what color of turn signals you'll be doing but if you're doing red, I'd almost go with the brightest possible. If I ever re-order mine, that's what I'll be doing b/c the red specifically is a little harder to see than the stock amber color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts