Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed it today. The power button/volume knob on the front of the infotainment sytem has been glowing red when i start up the vehicle. The car is a 2011 Cruze with a 6-speed manual. If anyone has any idea what might be causing this please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Just noticed it today. The power button/volume knob on the front of the infotainment sytem has been glowing red when i start up the vehicle. The car is a 2011 Cruze with a 6-speed manual. If anyone has any idea what might be causing this please let me know. Thanks!
Can you post a pic?

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it out on the road today and no red light on the power button the whole way home. Couldn't get a pic of it. It must be something I'm doing but I can't put my finger on what.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Um, it's the power light, it comes on when you turn the radio thingie on.

Well, that's what it does in the Korean- and Australian-built Cruzen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Um, it's the power light, it comes on when you turn the radio thingie on.

Well, that's what it does in the Korean- and Australian-built Cruzen.
Hey thanks so much for responding to this. The light itself is usually blue when I start up the vehicle but I haven't been able to catch it changing indicator color or anything like that. I just kind of noticed it one day and was curious. It doesn't have anything to do with the aux or bluetooth functions, and it isn't dependent on dash controls either. So I'm not sure what it means.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey thanks so much for responding to this. The light itself is usually blue when I start up the vehicle but I haven't been able to catch it changing indicator color or anything like that. I just kind of noticed it one day and was curious. It doesn't have anything to do with the aux or bluetooth functions, and it isn't dependent on dash controls either. So I'm not sure what it means.
Now that's different, changing colour is a new one to me.

Did you buy it new or sued? Someone may have added something.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Ok, this is interesting. I have a MyLink (color screen). I noticed yesterday the power light was red. But it's not the radio, but the dash lights. (Only comes on with the headlights).

Nothing I do changes that. I thought it had been the standard aqua color, but maybe not. It might be red to help the driver find a critical control. Does anyone have a picture of it being anything other than red or no light?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts