Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced throttle body and pedal. As specified all over the net to replace, so i did. But still after all that it wont rev. Check engine light blinking then another with arrow pointing down is also blinking. Then yesturday i checked the ecu looks like it shorted out. Plastic from connector is melted.
So i got a newly programmed ecu today. Owner said he was messing with radio wires when this happen. So i removed the fuse for the radio for now to check out in a later date. Plugged in the new ecu but still problem didnt go away. Car just idles pretty.
Codes im getting
Po697
P2101
P2122
P2127
P2128
P2176
I tested the harness to the throttle body from ecm. Theres tps 1 then tps 2, is there suppose to be 5v showing on this or none until u step on the gas pedal? Because one is showing thats there is then the other it doesnt.
Any advise would be great.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,383 Posts
I have replaced throttle body and pedal. As specified all over the net to replace, so i did. But still after all that it wont rev. Check engine light blinking then another with arrow pointing down is also blinking. Then yesturday i checked the ecu looks like it shorted out. Plastic from connector is melted.
So i got a newly programmed ecu today. Owner said he was messing with radio wires when this happen. So i removed the fuse for the radio for now to check out in a later date. Plugged in the new ecu but still problem didnt go away. Car just idles pretty.
Codes im getting
Po697
P2101
P2122
P2127
P2128
P2176
I tested the harness to the throttle body from ecm. Theres tps 1 then tps 2, is there suppose to be 5v showing on this or none until u step on the gas pedal? Because one is showing thats there is then the other it doesnt.
Any advise would be great.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Possible causes for P0697 include:

Open circuits and/or connectors
Defective or blown fuses and/or fusible links
Faulty system power relay
Bad sensor
Read more at: P0697 Sensor Reference Voltage C Circuit Open

Typically the causes for 2101 to set are:

Open or short in the circuit to the Throttle Actuator - likely
Failed Throttle Actuator - inoperative (mechanically or electrically) - likely
Failed PCM - unlikely
Read more at: P2101 Throttle Actuator A Control Motor Circuit Range Performance

A code P2122 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

TPS not mounted securely
TPS circuit short to ground or another wire
Faulty TPS
Damaged computer (PCM)
Read more at: P2122 Throttle Position Sensor D Circuit Low Input

A code P2127 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
TPS not mounted securely
TPS circuit short to ground or another wire
Faulty TPS
Damaged computer (PCM)
Read more at: P2127 Throttle Position Sensor E Circuit Low Input

Possible causes for P2128 include:

Open or shorted circuits between the TPS, PPS, and the PCM
Defective TPS or PPS
Corroded electrical connectors
Faulty drive-by-wire actuator motor
Read more at: P2128 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit High Input

P2176

Throttle Actuator Control System - Idle Position Not Learned
Read more at: P2176 Throttle Actuator Control System - Idle Position Not Learned

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.