Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this?
The last two times that I interrupted the regens first at STM 11 and second at STM 19, the regen process did not resume when I restarted the car. The STM gradually built back to 22 with normal driving and then restarted the regen. I think this makes more sense than continuously restarting regeneration every time you take a short trip until it reaches 2. I am just wondering if GM changed the computer program to do this or if this was just an anomaly?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
When did you get your ECM reflashed?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the car serviced in November. There was a note on the bill (I don't have it with me) about updating the software. I have had two interrupted regens, and both did not restart until STM 22. I'm curious to see if it keeps doing that.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
They may have updated you with the ECM reprogramming that is now being bundled with the sensor replacement that has been issued as a recall (in Canada so far if I recall correctly). I received a letter telling me I'll receive an ECM reprogram and get a sensor replaced should I decide to have the recall service performed.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
My thoughts on this are based on my observations of interrupted regens. An interrupted regen will not restart in my car until it it thoroughly up to operating temperature. Many times, it will add several grams back in before it restarts an interrupted regen. Did you drive more than 10 minutes immediately after the interrupted regen? That's now long it takes mine to restart sometimes, especially if it's cold out.

That is not a set amount of grams that it will restart at. I believe I have updated software too, but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thoughts on this are based on my observations of interrupted regens. An interrupted regen will not restart in my car until it it thoroughly up to operating temperature. Many times, it will add several grams back in before it restarts an interrupted regen. Did you drive more than 10 minutes immediately after the interrupted regen? That's now long it takes mine to restart sometimes, especially if it's cold out.

That is not a set amount of grams that it will restart at. I believe I have updated software too, but not 100% sure.
I'm sure I drove far enough to restart the regens. I'll keep watching. It could take some time to know for sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm trying to find the link to that Canadian recall for the ECM reprogramming, etc. that was on here a few weeks back, but can't seem to locate it. Has this started yet? Has anyone from the states received a notice? I'm curious if this will make the TRIFECTA/FLEECE tune function differently/not at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts