Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here (first post) but have read many posts here before. I am looking at getting the BNR tune for my 2016 Gen 2 1.4T Cruze but my concern is if I need to put the stock tune back on (gas prices, dealership work, etc.) Will I be able to? Can I somehow download my cars stock tune before putting the new tune on the car? Thank you for all the help!

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,765 Posts
Yes you can, it takes 30 seconds to flash it back to stock using the handheld. I left mine tuned and took it to the dealer once, they can’t tell honestly. You can also get an Eco tune to save on gas that you could flash to your vehicle for road trips, etc. BNR can customize anything.

Reactions: -loki-

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here (first post) but have read many posts here before. I am looking at getting the BNR tune for my 2016 Gen 2 1.4T Cruze but my concern is if I need to put the stock tune back on (gas prices, dealership work, etc.) Will I be able to? Can I somehow download my cars stock tune before putting the new tune on the car? Thank you for all the help!
Yes, they will send you the base tune and your stock tune. You can switch back to stock in less than 2 mins

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes what they said... I have found with the added power and smart driving I'm averaging 42 mpg 50/50 mixed driving. I do hit the go pedal when needed. Nice to not down shift at 50 mph in six and just goose her up to 15 psi for a second or two.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have you installed NGKs? Do that and inspect your springs and resistors... mine were bad at 36000. Coil was shot,too... arcing scrapped it. The MSD is a good alternative for the price.
This may be a first step before deciding to buy a tune. Also 93 octane top tier only.... I always gas up at Costco because it's cheap and top tier fuel.

Reactions: txcruze26

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,765 Posts
Would it help with throttle lag? Tune and new intake
A little, but in the end the turbo always has to spool up. It creates addicting power though. You don’t need a new intake. What really helped mine spool faster was a catless down pipe.

Reactions: txcruze26
1 - 8 of 8 Posts