Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze Ls, I bought it new and its my daily driver as I use it for work all highway miles about 70 mi a day. I really like the car it drives nice and has plenty of room for me. The car has about 80,000 miles on it and my intention is to keep it and drive it for years to come. Can I expect a lot more miles out this car is that a good expectation? I always go by the maintenance schedule and have the oil changed when it gets to 20% or a little lower. Thanks for any help

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,985 Posts
The LS's haven't been too trouble-prone. Coolant leaks (thermostat and water outlet) are the most common things we see on those.

Some things to keep in mind:
-Timing belt replacement is due soon (97.5K)
-Change the transmission fluid!!! Especially if it's never been done. We usually suggest 45-55k intervals.
-Check out the suspension. Sway bar links are very common; struts tend to wear based on your driving and road conditions. My fronts were worn out around 50K.
-Adjust the rear drum brakes from time to time to make sure all the load doesn't fall on the undersized front discs and you end up with shaky brakes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the transmission hasn't been changed yet, but I'm almost due for an oil change i'll have it done then. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Always use a Top Tier Gasoline.

GM's design life can be argued to be 148,000 miles. So I would target that. Notwithstanding an unexpected collision, etc.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,985 Posts
I suppose I should add spark plugs. Be very gentle working the coil pack out - I've found it best to wiggle a bit and try to pull up on left and right ends simultaneously; the boots are a bit fragile when they've been untouched for a while.

·
10,712 Posts
Everything to said seems to already have been said above. Only thing left to check is tires assuming you aren't on the original set. You can also play around with the 1LT/2LT/Eco/ and LTZ wheels on your LS if you keep the tire sizes the same for each of the wheels they came off of.

·
2,254 Posts
I suppose I should add spark plugs. Be very gentle working the coil pack out - I've found it best to wiggle a bit and try to pull up on left and right ends simultaneously; the boots are a bit fragile when they've been untouched for a while.
If you do change the plugs, PLEASE follow this ^^

I tore mine and it ended up costing me around $100 to replace my coil pack. So be careful.

Sounds like yours has been holding up well too!! Keep 'er goin!

Reactions: dmrock
1 - 7 of 7 Posts